Cheesey potatoes are the favorite item at any family event, especially for the Tauchen family! They enjoy that they taste great during the meal, but are even more excited that they taste great the next day warmed up (if they make it that long)! This is an easy recipe to put together the day of the party or even to prep and have ready to pop in the oven!
Family Favorite Cheesy Potatoes
- 32 oz hash browns cubed are best
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups corn flakes crushed
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- In large bowl, mix together the hash browns, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup melted butter, onion, soup, sour cream and cheese. Place in 9 x 13 inch, buttered baking pan; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine corn flakes and 1/4 cup melted butter. Sprinkle on top of potato mixture.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 45 minutes. Bake longer if crunchier texture is desired.