Pie is the best part of the Thanksgiving meal, in our opinions! It is just sitting there, waiting for someone to give it the love and attention it deserves. This is the perfect pie to bring to the holiday if you’re looking for something new and innovative to try. The pineapple cuts the sweet!
Pineapple Pecan Pie
- ¼ cup Butter
- ½ cup Light brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs beaten
- 1 cup Dark corn syrup
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- 1 can Pineapple tidbits (1 lb. 4 oz.), well drained
- 1 Unbaked pastry shell (9 in.)
- Cream together butter, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt.
- Blend in eggs and corn syrup.
- Fold in pecans and pineapple.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 350°F for 1 hour or until center is firm.