Everyone loves a meal that can be started in a crockpot and left until later in the day! This creamy potato soup is SO CREAMY and delicious that it makes us want it whenever it’s chilly for extended periods of time. Give it a try!
Visit the Jersey Kitchen for more great recipes!
Creamy Potato Soup
- Slow cooker
- 1 Bag of frozen hashbrown potaotes 30 oz., cubed
- 2 Cans of chicken broth 14 oz. each
- ½ cup Onion chopped
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper more to taste
- 1 Cream cheese package 8 oz., softened
- Optional Toppings: Cheese, bacon, sliced green onions
- In a crockpot or slow cooker, combine the potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. If your potatoes are still in big chunks, you need to cook it longer. They will start falling apart when they're ready.
- Add the cream cheese and cook 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally, until fully combined.
- Top with cheese, bacon or sliced green onions if desired.
- The soup is thick and creamy. If you would like to thin the consistency, add more broth or milk until desired.