Yum! This soup will make even the biggest veggie dislikers like their veggies. Give this garden vegetable soup a try!
Visit the Jersey Kitchen for more great recipes!
Print Pin Recipe
Garden Vegetable Soup
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Small yellow onion chopped
- 1 Large potato peeled and cubed
- 2 Large carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can Chicken broth 14.5 oz.
- 2 cups Broccoli florets or 1-inch pieces green beans
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- 2½ cups Milk
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the potato and carrots and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, salt, and pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender
- Place the flour in a small bowl and slowly whisk in the milk until combined and smooth. Pour the milk mixture into the soup and stir thoroughly. Simmer for another 5 minutes until the soup has thickened. If desired, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Copyright © Jersey Journal