This healthy grilled cheese will make you want to add more flavor to all your grilled cheese sandwiches! We encourage you to try this and create your own twist too!
Visit the Jersey Kitchen for more great recipes!
Avocado Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices Italian Bread
- 3 oz. shredded provolone cheese
- 3 oz. shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- roasted red pepper
- butter for grilling
- 2 slices bacon per sandwich
- On medium, heat your skillet.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread. Place it butter side down into the pan. Top with one cheese, then the roasted red peppers, then the avocado, then the bacon, then the arugula and then the other cheese. Place the second piece of bred, butter side up on top.
- Flip when bread is golden brown and then grill the other side until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.