This Brie and Fig Grilled Cheese is a great way to change up your grilled cheese sandwich. Enjoy a sweet and savory dish that will leave you wanting more.
Visit the Jersey Kitchen for more great recipes!
Print Pin Recipe
Brie and Fig Grilled Cheese
From Linda Spiker at https://www.theorganickitchen.org/brie-and-fig-grilled-cheese/
- 2 slices artisan bread
- 2-3 slices double cream brie
- adriatic fig spread
- Place panini pan on cooktop on med/high heat.
- Slice bread 1/2" thick, spread one slice generously with fig spread.
- Top with 2-3 slices of brie cheese. Top with second slice of bread.
- When pan is hot add butter to center of pan.
- use a brush or swirl pan to spread butter out to accommodate sandwich.
- Place sandwich on pan and top with press. Lower heat to med/ low. Let sit for 2 minutes and then check bottom piece of bread. When golden and crispy turn over and place press on sandwich again.
- Allow to cook until cheese is melted and bottom piece of bread is crispy and golden.
- Cut in half on the diagonal and serve.
Copyright © 2019 Jersey Journal