Chicken Gnocchi Soup great to make for special occasions! It’s filling and paired with breadsticks is a great meal for everyone!
Visit the Jersey Kitchen for more great recipes!
Print Pin Recipe
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
From the kitchen of Kaila Tauchen, AJCA Assistant Director of Communications
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 cups Spinach leaves
- 2 Onions diced
- 1 cup Celery diced
- 2 cups Shredded carrots
- 1 tsp Parsley flakes
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 qts Half and half
- 2 packages Gnocchi 16 oz. each
- 4 14 oz. Chicken broths less if want thicker
- 2 cups Cooked chicken
- Melt butter in a large saucepan with the oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic, cook and stirring occasionally until onions become translucent.
- Whisk in flour and cook about 1 minute. Whisk in half and half, simmer until thickened. Whisk in chicken broth and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in salt, thyme, parsley, carrots, spinach, chicken and gnocchi and simmer until heated through.
Copyright © Jersey Journal