This Jelly Nut Wreath cookie recipe screams holiday season! If you’re looking for something new to add to your cookie assortment, we don’t think you can go wrong with this option. Cari always brings great goodies into the office!
Visit the Jersey Kitchen for more great recipes!
Jelly Nut Wreaths
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp All spice
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Quaker Oats (not instant)
- ¾ cup Finely chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds are yummy)
- Sliced, blanched almonds
- Red raspberry preserves
- Confectioner's sugar
- Beat eggs lightly, reserve 2 tablespoons for use later.
- Blend butter, sugar and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice. Stir into butter mixture.
- Add oats and ¾ cup of chopped nuts.
- Chill for several hours.
- Take ¼ of dough out of bowl and roll to ¼" thick.
- Cut this dough for the tops with a small hole in center. (I use a doughnut cutter for these.)
- Cut the next ¼ of dough for the bottoms with NO holes.
- Repeat these two steps until dough is finished and you have half tops and half bottoms.
- Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake at 400°F for 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Spread raspberry preserves on bottoms and sandwich them together with a top.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.