Mac & cheese is the ultimate dish. It can be used as the side dish or serve as the base of a meal for your family! Just add some protein and you’re golden! Jake’s Mac & Cheese is a great dish that everyone will enjoy!
Jake's Mac & Cheese
- 6 tbsp Butter divided
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 8 oz bar Colby cheese cubed
- 1⅓ cup Cottage cheese
- ⅔ cup Sour cream
- 2 cup Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1½ cup Bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni and drain. Once drained, place in a 2½ quart dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tbsp butter. Stir in flour, salt, and sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to boil, cook and stir 2 minutes until thickened. Reduce heat and stir in cubed cheese until melted. Next stir in cottage cheese and sour cream.
- Pour over macaroni and sprinkle with sharp cheese.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of macaroni and cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 30 minutes or until brown.